Bacon Potato Soup

>> Saturday, April 9, 2011

I usually double this because I like to save it and eat it for lunch throughout the week. If doubled, it will make a whole big pots worth (my technical cooking jargon). It's that good! haha. I could eat this everyday and it's leftovers taste just as good as the night I made it. Also, it's not super creamy, more brothy so it doesn't weigh you down like a thick soup.

Ingredients:
5-6 pieces of bacon
1 clove of Minced Garlic
3 tbls of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cans chicken broth
3 chopped potatoes (bite size. I like red potatoes and I don't peel them. Works either way)
1 cup half and half

Directions:
Cook bacon in skillet. Once bacon is cooked, take out bacon and leave the grease in the pan (you can turn the heat off). With bacon oil, mix pepper, basil, flour, salt and garlic. Start heating chicken broth in large pot and gradually add the bacon oil mix - then add the potatoes and the chopped-up bacon. Boil for two minutes, add half and half and let simmer until potatoes are soft.

- From the kitchen of Tiffany N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP